Monday, August 23, 2010

Have you every follwed this proverb: If you wish good advice, consult an old man.?

I believe originally it was, ';Quien quiera saber, que compre un viejo.'; Culturally we tend to ignore the elderly but I learned alot from the older relativesHave you every follwed this proverb: If you wish good advice, consult an old man.?
Yes... I think the elderly are full of wisdom. When I worked with them they were always telling me stories about their lives and giving me advice. I have so many sets of grandparents. :)Have you every follwed this proverb: If you wish good advice, consult an old man.?
Well, you know I work primarily with seniors, so it is at least weekly I get to listen to stories or lessons from those fonts of information! My older relatives were always fun to talk to,also. And culturally, we suck at how we treat our old folks! present company not included, of course!
Whoever said that must have been senile.
I always follow this advice.





I'm from India - where the old are respected a lot more than elsewhere.





Sadly, this is decreasing now - since India is becoming westernised, and the crap usually gets packaged along with the good !

No comments:

Post a Comment