Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can I Stay In Philippines After I Marry my Asawa? I'm Canadian Man... Need Advice Please!?

Hello, I'm on my way over too the Philippines to get married too the most special and wonderful woman on Earth too me! I don't want to be apart from her so will I be allowed to stay with her? What do I need to do and will the government hold any rights that they should deport me after we get married? I only want to do the right things and make a good and happy life... I'm also trying hard to find a way that I can bring her back over too Canada with me when she is allowed to go... with little money and not much information I get so worried and upset over this situation and the governments don't know how to answer my questions on what will be the outcome... Please advise me with Positive news and Share Good stories with me that you might know about... Most of all Pray for us please that everything will work out fine.





Thank's to all who respond and share blessings.Can I Stay In Philippines After I Marry my Asawa? I'm Canadian Man... Need Advice Please!?
It is possible to stay longer, but it does get complicated.





I am an American, so I know mostly the rules that apply to Americans and the general rules here in the Philippines, I cannot help or advise about Canadian rules. I have experience with the Philippine immigration and the visa process.





The head of immigration and the department who oversees the Philippine immigration laws is a family friend, so has offered us his advise, as well.





You may stay in the Philippines for longer than the initial 21 days, regardless of marriage, if you seek permission from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration. The first year, the application is somewhat easy and my applications were always approved. After that, they prefer to have you leave the country and return which generates a new entry date. The requirement is for bimonthly visa application to stay in the Philippines longer than the basic limit of 21 days. This also includes a charge when making application. The charge varies from P3,500 to P4,500 for some reason. About $100 US.





I advise you to go to Philippine Bureau of Immigration right away to ask for advise what to do and confirm the information I give to you. They allow US citizens to stay 21 days even without a visa. Canadians probably follow a same or similar tine period. They will not deport you right away! If you overstay the 21 day limit, they will charge a fee, but unlikely deport you, unless they find criminal data on you.





A friend married his Fiipina and stayed more than a month before retuning to New Zealand. His wife, our friend went to New Zealand within a couple months. I am retired, so living here is no financial problem for me. Can you afford to be away from home and job very long? Do not count on working in the Philippines, unless you have special skills. A foreigner cannot displace a Filipino worker.





Philippine law requires you to obtain a permit to marry from your embassy. The US version of this form took only a few minutes to fill out a form and required I pay a $30 fee to obtain the completed, notorized form. A permit to marry requires you to sware and or prove you are able to be married; as in never married, divorced, or widowed. Also, the Philippine marriage application requires both persons signatures and requires a two week notice to be advertised in the local papers to inform others of her intent to marry and allow time for persons to object.








I have been here in the Philippines with my fiance' for almost 3 years. Each application, they request I leave the country for at least a couple hours or more, just long enough for a flight to a nearby coast and back. This gets a new entry stamp and a new period to begin a new application process (and higher visa application charges).





I have not been able to travel and have made application for renewal following a stroke, using a doctor letter claiming my inability to travel; due to a damaged hip, as reason to stay longer. It takes a while, but has been approved for the last two years. The application charge has been about P500 or about $12 US. Now that I am near the third anniversary of my entry to the country, they are more persistant to have me leave and return to start the process again.





The cost of a one way flight from Cebu City to Singapore is only $138 dollars US on Philippine Airlines. Same flight from Manila is over $330. Strange considering the one way flight from Manila to Cebu is only about $65.





The immigration law allows a married couple who depart the Philippines and stay out of the Philippines longer than two years, then return together as a married couple (after more than two years) to remain together in the Philippines, without visa extensions. It is called Balik Bayan. After that, there are no requirements for visa extensions, visa charges, or applications to stay longer (once Balik Bayan has been established).





We (my fiance' and I) are in Tacloban City on Leyte Island. My fiance' and I will be pleased to help you through the visa process, if you need help. We have a blank form an could forward to you a file of the 8.5'; X 11'; parts of the form, if you need us to. Email me through Yahoo Answers for the first contact. We will give our cell number and home number for more convienient communication. I suppose I should increase the load for the cell phone, so I will have some for texting.





Maupay to you and your new esawa, kyebegan.





Naliwat!!Can I Stay In Philippines After I Marry my Asawa? I'm Canadian Man... Need Advice Please!?
Yes you can stay in the Philippines after marrying your asawa. I know that a Canadian is always a Canadian where ever he lives. If your special woman is single there is no problem but if she is married in the Philippines she has to file an annulment case before you can get married. Maybe you can try to reach a lawyer in Manila at morelaw50@hotmail.com for more info.
Get in touch with the Canadian Embassy when you reach the Philippines. They can answer all your questions regarding duration of stay.


l know you can stay but not sure how long.





Congratulations. Have a blessed marriage.
you can stay in the Phils. if you were married in the Phils. but to be sure please log on to Phils. govt website.
going there is easy, you go on as a tourist, and i think you just need a round trip ticket,





after you get married, apply for your spousal visa,


that will allow you stay





however, i would not bring a filipiino to your home country.


coz, the reality is:


your feelings are probably not the same,


you love her,


she wants you to hopefully give her a better opportunity.





My wife ran off just 2 months after arriving in the USA,


and abandoned our marriage and baby girl...





Out of 10 people I know who married filipinos, 7 ran off with in 3 months, 2 divorced after some time, and 1 is still with the guy





But I strongly would suggest staying in the philippines and living happily ever after. She will NEVER leave you if you live in the Philippines.
First i wanna tell you i'm a half philipina, my mom is and my dad is jordanian.


you can stay as long as you want in the Philippines where ever you want to live, i go there every year and get to know alot of foregners who are married to philipinas and they're happy, they all say the same thing when i ask them if they ever wanna go back to their countries: ';i would never wanna leave the Philippines it's like heaven living here';


in the capital ';Manila'; it's very traffic and alot of polution, but it's fun the malls are great, it's cheap you can do alot of activities with just little money.


but you can buy a land in the province it's cheap also: fresh air, green mountains, blue oceans.


my husband is Jordanian we've been married for 8 years now and have 3 kids, he's been there 2 times and the plan of his life is to buy a land in the province with a nice farm ';that would be our business without doing anything'; it's a good business there.


ok i think i said allot, hope you like my answer.


and congratiolation... Phillipino people are so kind


oh yeah.... my mom and dad got married in london, then when my mom past away he marrien her sister ';my aunt'; in the Philippines and he never had any problem, it's just that when u wanna open a business there it should be in your wifes name.


and my husband when he went there by an ordinary visa that lasts only 21 days, while we were there we this thing called ';BALIK BAYAN'; and he stayed 1 year more it coasts just like 20$ then when the 1 year ends you go to renew it again....
  • baby sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment