Sunday, August 22, 2010

White man wanting some advice about interracial dating?

I am a 22 year old white male. I was an army brat and lived with tons of different people in different places. I am a college graduate and am a juve delinquency counselor. I need some advice though. You see, throughout most of my life, I have always related to and got along with and made friends easier with black people. Its not a conscious thing like I try to make it this way either. I have a sister who is married to a black man and they have 3 kids. She has always said she feels black inside. I kinda feel like I do too in a way. I am not that ';white'; either(wear jordans, got diamonds in my ears, got a fade haircut). I have always wanted to date black women but never have taken the step. I am not even into white women that much anymore. They just arent that attractive to me- on the inside or outside. I was wondering, is this normal-considering my background, etc. and are there that many black women who would date a white boy? I don't see race i SEE PEOPLE but the world doesWhite man wanting some advice about interracial dating?
Black women and white men have been dating and marrying for decades so it is nothing new! You just have to approach a woman you find interesting and talk to her. If she's not interested in you then so be it. If you're interested in online dating, there are plenty of interracial websites where you can find black women in your area who are interested in white men. As for myself, I dated both black and white men but mostly white, and now I'm married to a white man. Just try it. Don't be afraid to talk to a black woman because the worst she can do is say no.White man wanting some advice about interracial dating?
You asked if it was normal considering your background...it doesn't all make sense because everyone comes from different backgrounds, so you being an army brat could have a lot in common with an African American person.





I don't see anything wrong with you feeling that African American women are attractive. There are African American women out there also who have dated, married, or will date white men. So...it is ';normal';.





Just be who you are, and don't change to 'fit in'; into the category YOU feel that a Black woman would want in a white man, because you could be wrong.
Look go where your heart is.BLACKS are g reat people. So are the Latinos and the Asian. Just take your step ask one out. BEST wishes star
I can understand where you are coming from. I'm a black girl who's thought about dating a white guy but never took the initiative to ask one out. If that's what you like, go for it. You sound like a really nice person with a kind heart. I'm sure some sista would be glad to have you.
I see what you are saying! I would date the right white boy! What you look like(LOL)? But seriously, you cant help how you feel and dont even look at it as a white guy approaching a black girl. Look at it as a man approaching a man. Itll be easier and more natural that way.
well i don't see the problem in it at all i'm in an interracial relationship


i myself am native amercian and am dating a white boy :)


there aren't many native guys around my area.. at least none that i'm aware of... mostly white people around these parts..


i'm sure there are many black women who would date a white guy :)





so good luck :)
Check with Oprah...not kidding...i think she had a show recently about black women who have had it with black men.
do wat u think is rite for u the heck with wat other people think so wat!!
You say that you don't see race, you see people. Think about that: We are all of the same race. The human race.


I don't believe you don't see race (color). Your entire posting centers around you seeing race (color). You're white and want to date black women. If you truly did not see race (color), you wouldn't be on here asking this question. The problem is that ';you'; do see race (color). and ';you'; are making it an issue. Be honest with yourself. If you have a problem with it, fix the problem before you try dating women of color.





When I was in the dating scene, I dated women. I didn't care what others thought about their ethnic background. If I thought they were hot and wanted to get to know them, I went for it. A good looking woman is a good looking woman. Who gives a sh*t about color or ethnicity? Not me!
I think u should go for whatever ur attracted to. If u are attracted to black women then u should go for them. Don't let whatever the world thinks stop u. And trust me there are alot of black women who will date a White boy! Even I've dated a white boy before!
If you don't see Race, then making comments that you are not that White to begin with and then place a stereotype onto the sentence such as what you wear, is not valid.


Being a College Grad, and in the field that you are in, I do hope that you take a look at this question again, and reevaluate what you are trying to say.


Hope you find your true love my friend, whatever Race you choose to belong to.
it sure seems like you are having a racial identity crisis ,,,,,,,, dude your white do what ever the hell you want ........
I have never dated a white person but I have always wanted to. The choose is yours. Why not? I know plenty of women that would.

No comments:

Post a Comment