Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am a new car sales man, need more advice.

I was posting a question about being a car salesman, and I got a couple of responces. I got hired at Toyota and out here in this area, they sell well. I have always wanted to sell Toyota cars. My wife and relatives tell me that I would be great at selling cars. I am very agressive but not pushy. I don't hound people. Iam very personal, outgoing, and funny. Inneract very well with people. I care for people. Most of what I did in career wise was Human Service work. I am not a fake, I am a real. I don't hang out with clicks. Who I am in one place is what I am in another place. I don't put up fronts. I don't like to quit at anything. I love Toyota cars, I have been wanting to do this for a long time. When they interviewed me in the begining at first they did not hire me. I was very agressive, but not pushy. I am good at observing people. I know when to back off when they want you too. The one thing that our Toyota car dealership wants to do is to train somone who has never had cars sales experience and train them from the botom up. I have sales experience, I know I can sell Toyotas. I have passion for the product. I own a Toyota myself. Will I make a good Toyota car sales man? I am a new car sales man, need more advice.
The key in dealing with people is ';benefitizing'; -- that is, make the product fit me, not you





Listen, listen, and listen





Observe me





Then, after closing the sale, do follow-up even if what you say is bad news or you cannot help





Little things like keeping a database of birthdays allow you to email me without me feeling like you are a salesman, e.g., Happy Birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment